This class is for pregnant couples and their families. If you have a newborn, text me at 845-750-4402 for immediate help.
You may wonder why you need a class for breastfeeding? I developed this class to prepare parents for the early weeks when so many things happen that cause parents to quit.
Get the best start whether you're planning a home or hospital birth. This comprehensive class covers beginning breastfeeding, the introduction of solid foods and weaning.
Includes the book "The First Five Days" by Donna Bruschi, IBCLC
• How to prepare yourself and your family for breastfeeding (It's not what you think!)
• What skin to skin contact is (And is not!)
• What a "good latch" is (And is not!)
• How birth practices affect breastfeeding (& what to do if things go wrong)
• Postpartum bonding, suckling & how partners fit into breastfeeding
• Selecting a breast pump, when to start and essential considerations for returning to work.
• Why it matters where you give birth.
• How to have a great milk supply, even if your breasts are small, even if you have twins, even if you're worried...
• Safe formula prep & bottle use & the dangers of not knowing this
• Pacifiers, safe bottle feeding, suckling & the role of colostrum
• The 5 warning signs that you NEED help, the 3 best places to get it, and why it's not the Internet.
This private 2 hour class is $100 per family.
Partners & Grandparents are welcome & encouraged to attend at no extra charge.
This class is taught by Donna Bruschi, IBCLC, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, La Leche League Leader and owner of New Baby New Paltz. She breastfed her 3 children, including twins. She shares her wisdom of two decades of helping mothers and babies get breastfeeding right for them.
For questions, please call/text Donna at (845) 750-4402
Private in-home classes are also available for $250.
Payment is required to register. Refunds will be made until 7 days in advance. All other cancellations will receive store credit, or a make-up class.
Classes are 2 hours and held in New Paltz, NY (socially distanced) and also via Video Chat.
To schedule a class click on the "Book An Appointment" button below.