Office visits are available seven days a week in Woodstock or New Paltz, NY
Here's what an office visit is like: I have comfortable chairs, pillows and a foot stool, so you can lean back, relax and let your baby nurse. I encourage partners and/or other supportive family to come along if they can. It's a nourishing, nurturing hour and a half with information and coaching that is appropriate to you and your baby's needs and learning style.
We will talk about what is going on, what has happened and why breastfeeding isn't going well and most importantly, what your goals are. Then, we work together to correct any problems and answer all your and your partner's questions. At the end of the visit, you will feel more confident and comfortable and you will have a written breastfeeding-friendly feeding plan.
Office visits are also for short consultations, breast pump coaching, weight checks and follow-ups. My office is a toddler-friendly room with toys and books for older nurslings and siblings.
You will receive:
- An appointment as early as today or tomorrow. Babies are born every day. They need to eat and I am ready to help.
- One-on-one observation, with you and your baby breastfeeding and interacting to understand what is really going on. I will help you and if you need some other kind of help, give you recommendations for professionals who can help you.
- Frequent and timely follow up by phone until breastfeeding is working right for you and your baby. I answer my own phone and you can call me 24/7, if you need to. No pressing 1 for this or 2 for that and no waiting on hold. If it's not a convenient time for me, I will schedule a call back.
- Compassionate counseling so you, your partner and your baby feel better mentally and emotionally as individuals and as partners in this special relationship.
Why an office visit?
- My office is a warm comfortable room: "It feels good in here." is what everyone says.
- Equipment: I have a lot of gear at my office! Hospital grade pumps, flanges, hot packs, cold packs, baby scale, slings, wraps, a bed, recliners, books, salves, teas and more.
- You live too far away: I like to think I would travel to the ends of the earth to help someone, but an hour and 15 minutes is my limit.
- Cost and time: An office visit is about 2/3 the cost of a home visit or you may only need a short appointment.
Not sure if you can afford a consultation? Most insurance companies will reimburse you for lactation help. Or use the "Less Than Formula" payment plan, get the help you need and save big bucks. If you are in a financial bind, I will give you all the help you need for as little as $25 per week: Home Visits, phone support, or whatever. Unlike buying formula, you will be done paying in a few weeks and happily breastfeeding.
To make an appointment or ask a question: call me at (845) 750-4402
Or you can send me an email and I will get back to you within 24 hours.