Home visits are available seven days a week.
Here's what a home visit is like: You get to stay home in your jammies with your baby and partner. I come to your home (and I don't expect the dishes to be done, refreshments, or for you to be a hostess). We talk about what is going on, what has happened and why breastfeeding isn't going well. Then, we work together to correct any problems and answer all your and your partner's questions. At the end of the visit, you will feel more confident and comfortable and you will have a written breastfeeding-friendly feeding plan.
Home visits are useful if you are a new, sick or exhausted mama, mother of multiples or premies, or if transportation is a challenge.
You will receive:
- An appointment as early as today or tomorrow. Babies are born every day and they need to eat!
- One-on-one observation, with you and your baby breastfeeding and interacting to understand what is really going on. If I can't help you, I will tell you right away and make a referral to someone who can.
- Specialized attention for your home situation. I will help you set up your 'nursing nest' and teach positioning including lying down, so that you are comfortable every time you feed your baby.
- Frequent and timely follow up by phone until breastfeeding is working right for you and your baby. You can call me 24/7, if you need to, and I answer my own phone. No pressing 1 for this or 2 for that. If it's not convenient for me, I will schedule a call back.
- Compassionate counseling so you, your partner and your baby feel better mentally and emotionally as individuals and as partners in this special relationship.
Think you can't afford a home visit? Most insurance companies reimburse you for lactation help with an IBCLC. You can also use my "Less Than Formula" payment plan and get the help you need. If you are in a financial bind, I will give you all the help you need for as little as $25 per week: Home Visits, phone support, or whatever. Unlike buying baby formula, you will be done paying in a few weeks and happily breastfeeding.
To make an appointment or to ask about your situation: text or call me at (845) 750-4402
Or send me an email and I will get back to you within 24 hours.