Home consults are available seven days a week.
Here's what a home consult is like: You get to stay home in your jammies with your baby and partner. I come to your home (and I don't expect the dishes to be done, refreshments, or for you to be a hostess). We talk about what is going on, what has happened and why breastfeeding isn't going well. Then, we work together to correct any problems and answer all your and your partner's questions. At the end of the visit, you will feel more confident and comfortable and you will have a written breastfeeding-friendly feeding care plan.
Home consults are useful if you are a new, sick or exhausted mama, mother of multiples or premies, or when transportation is a challenge.
You will receive:
- An appointment as early as today or tomorrow. Babies are born every day and they need to eat! I keep my schedule loose to accommodate babies.
- One-on-one observation, with you and your baby breastfeeding and interacting to understand what is really going on. If I can't help you, I will tell you right away and make a referral to someone who can.
- Specialized attention for your home situation. I will help you set up your 'nursing nest' and teach positioning, including lying down, so that you are comfortable every time you feed your baby.
- Frequent and timely follow up by phone until breastfeeding is working right for you and your baby. You can call me 24/7, if you need to, and I answer my own phone. No pressing 1 for this or 2 for that. If it's not convenient for me, I will schedule a call back.
- Compassionate counseling so you, your partner and your baby feel better mentally and emotionally as individuals and as partners in this special relationship.
How much does it cost?
An initial home consult is $250. and is about 90 minutes. One consult gets most people back on track and successfully breastfeeding, though some people need a series of on-going consults. It includes: weight pre and post feed, oral exam, medical history, observe breastfeeding and coach with positioning. It includes a care plan with recommended feeding frequency, what to look for in the next few days, how to know baby is getting enough and how to stimulate milk production and optimal feeds. Follow up weight checks at my office and 3 phone/texts are included.
Additional home appointments are available for $200 for a 60 minute appointment.
Payment is due at the visit by cash, check, credit card or PayPal. I will give you a superbill that you can submit to insurance. Coverage varies widely by company. Some people use their HSA debit card. If you need a payment plan, I offer one.
Not sure you can afford a consultation?
While a Lactation consultation is a lot of money up front, consults with me are incredibly effective. Most people have one visit and follow up with group support. Feeding your baby has direct and indirect costs. Formula to feed your baby costs a minimum of $25 a week. Even if you get formula for free with WIC or SNAP, you have your disappointment to work though and the probable health risks and costs of a formula fed baby.
How can I pay for this?
- Most insurance companies will reimburse you for lactation help.
- Move around your household payments.
- Ask your relatives or close friends for a loan or gift money towards lactation help.
- I offer a "Less Than Formula" payment plan, so you get the help you need and save big bucks. If you are in a financial bind, I will give you the help you need for as little as $25 per week with home and office visits and phone support. Unlike buying formula, you will be done paying in a few weeks and more than likely happily breastfeeding.
To make an appointment or ask a question: call me at (845) 750-4402
Or you can send me an email and I will get back to you within 24 hours.